ABOUT SOURCE WELLNESS
▿ ▿ ▿
Source Wellness takes a modern approach to an ancient medicine, providing patients with the most effective means of reaching their health potential.
We specialize in treating pain-related conditions through a combination of traditional acupuncture and contemporary trigger point dry needling.
By uniting these two styles, we treat both the physical point of discomfort and the underlying root cause. This allows us to quickly alleviate pain and provide sustained relief.
We offer treatment for a wide array of conditions including:
ORTHOPEDICS & PAIN MANAGEMENT
Acupuncture interrupts the pain pathway, releasing endorphins to provide lasting relief.
- Pain (eg. knee, back, neck, shoulder pain from both injury & repetitive strain)
- Musculoskeletal (eg. Sciatica, restricted range of motion, plantar fasciitis, carpal tunnel, headaches)
- Neurological (eg. nerve compression, neuropathy, sciatica, migraines, Parkinson’s, Bell’s Palsy)
Acupuncture can treat inflammation by targeting points that downregulate a proinflammatory biochemical (tumor necrosis factor alpha) and upregulate the secretion of dopamine which results in anti-inflammatory responses.
- Gastrointestinal issues (eg. IBS, acid reflux, constipation, diarrhea, leaky gut syndrome)
- Auto-immune issues (eg. RA, Hashimoto’s, MS, IBD, psoriasis)
- Respiratory issues (eg. asthma, COPD, sinusitis)
Acupuncture calms the mind and can transform emotions by using specific points that upregulate the secretion of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine.
Emerging evidence indicates that acupuncture activates distinct brain regions that can address endocrine disorders caused by imbalance between the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.
- Chronic fatigue
- Hormone imbalance
- Menopause symptoms
- Menstrual dysfunction